Listening activity
Hello followers! How are you doing?
Today I share to you a lovely website: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/
It's a fantastic website where you'll can find everything you are looking for: listening activities, writting ones, speaking and reading activities. For this, I think is the most complete website I've found.
For this post, I want to use speaking activities, like "The dog", where students will have to see the video and repeit the words, and then, they'll have to burst the balloon with corrects ones.
Also, they make us a question: "Watch Sam and Pam's first adventure story with Ben, Tess and Sid the dog. Can you hear the sounds 's', 'a', 't', 'p', 'i', 'n', 'm' and 'd'?".
You'll can find this activity in this link: The dog | LearnEnglish Kids (britishcouncil.org)
Later, I'll design an speaking activity, because I'll ask my students to do a drawing about the story they heard and later they'll have to describe it for all of us.
What do you think about this resource?
What activities would you design?

Hello Elena!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such a tool for this interesting topic with the community!
I personally love speaking activities for students since they are at an age where they are not afraid of failure at making mistakes.
It is also a great opportunity that we did not have in the past. There is a wide variety of tools nowadays that provide us with the resources to make a lesson interesting, motivating and engaging.
I love to use videos or songs for speaking activities because they are more immersive than a regular task.
One of my favourite tools is Lingoclip (https://lingoclip.com/?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fes.lyricstraining.com%2F) since it combines listening to songs with learning a language through an app.
Best regards!
Thank you to share with me the website!! I love it!!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Elena!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is super interesting, thank you very much for inspiring and helping other teachers to get ideas and resources. Sometimes listening skills are difficult to work on in class so I thank you for your post!
It's fun and engaging which is exactly what I'm looking for my students.
Thank you very much!
Cristina