Criss Cross Puzzle
Hi everybody!!
Today I want to share with you a fantastic website I've found: Online Puzzlemaker | Create Your Own Puzzle | Discovery Education Puzzlemaker
It's an incredible resource that allow us to create puzzles that englobe all curricular contents we'll want.
For example, if you are working animals with your class, you can make a Criss Cross puzzle like the next one:
This is a fantastic writting activity that we can use making a writting comprehension, like giving them some clues about the animals, or even we can use some riddles to motivate our students look for the clues.
Then they'll have to write their answers and fill out the gaps.
I love this resource and I think it can get our students work on a different groups: alone, in little groups or, even, the whole class.
What do you think about that? Do you like it?

Hey!
ReplyDeleteI think this website is very interesting because, as you mentioned, it is a funny activity for learning vocabulary and students will enjoy it a lot. It just breaks with the routine they have: doing activities and correcting them.
It also brings an opportunity to use new technologies in the class.
You can use the vocabulary to create some extra writing activities such as writing an essay including 5 of the words from the criss cross.
Hi again,
ReplyDeleteI've just post the first comment but I did it anonymously. My bad!
Here is the comment again:
"Hey!
I think this website is very interesting because, as you mentioned, it is a funny activity for learning vocabulary and students will enjoy it a lot. It just breaks with the routine they have: doing activities and correcting them.
It also brings an opportunity to use new technologies in the class.
You can use the vocabulary to create some extra writing activities such as writing an essay including 5 of the words from the criss cross."
Hello Elena
ReplyDeleteI think that the resource is so good to use in an ESL classroom. I don’t know why, but children normally love Criss Cross puzzle. The web which you provide us is so easy and intuitive and we can use it for a lot of subjects. I believe that, as you say, it’s a good tool to work the writing comprehension and overall to introduce in class the vocabulary of different subjects.
To finish, I like so much your final idea of the grouping of the class. Honestly, I only had thought to work individually, but you have opened my eyes and working in little groups can be a fantastic option.
Thanks for your contribution.